- How many pumps are you using in your application?
- Do you use, and if so how many mechanical seals in your application?
- Are the mechanical seals that you use component seals, cartridge seals or double cartridge seals?
- Make and model of the pumps in your application? eg. Allis Chalmers 3×2
- What company currently supplies the mechanical seals for your application?
- It will greatly help us if you can give specific information eg. John Crane type 4610 with 2x silicon carbide faces and Viton o-rings.
- Are the current mechanical seals performing well in your application?
- What material is being pumped in your application: chemicals, clean materials or solids/slurry?
- PH?(if applicable)
If you are not able to provide a mechanical seal make and model, We will need a few measurements from the pump stuffing box to better assist us in providing the right mechanical seal.
- Shaft/Sleeve size
- Stuffing Box ID (inside diameter)
- Stuffing Box OD (outside diameter)
- Stuffing Box Depth
- Bolt Pitch Center Diameter (PCD)
- Distance to bearing housing
- Bolt diameter
Alternatively, you can provide us with a sample of the seal or bearing that we can work from.